With this gluten free banana bread recipe, you’re only a few simple ingredients away from the best banana bread ever! It’s made using gluten free flour and sugar-free chocolate chunks for a delicious gluten-free and refined sugar-free treat. This banana bread is such an easy […]
These amazing gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are simply out of this world and so easy to make they are dangerous! If you love your cookies thick and chunky, with a delicious chewy moistness in the center, these cookies are perfect for you. […]
This simple vegan cheesecake will be the last dairy-free cake you will ever need. This super simple cake is made without cashews, tofu and [almost] without baking! The fresh peaches really take this creamy vegan dessert to entirely new level…yes please!
Vegan cheesecake sounds like an oxymoron, right? I mean, how can a cheese based dessert possibly be dairy-free? My thoughts exactly when I stumbled upon vegan cream cheese. I was terrified to try it for the first time but to my surprise the almond based cream cheese tastes almost identical to regular dairy cream cheese. In fact, I’m not sure if I could tell the difference with a blindfold on. Which got me thinking that I had to try making cheesecake with it.
I love the taste of cashew based cheesecakes but texture is never quite right and not to mention how time consuming it is. And for tofu cheesecakes…well I just don’t like tofu. This cake was everything I was hoping for in a dairy-free cheesecake.
This cheesecake is amazing as a plain and simple cheesecake but adding fresh peaches takes it to whole new level of deliciousness. I highly recommend!
Are you looking for more delicious vegan recipes? Below are a few of my favorite vegan recipes.
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Vegan Brownie Skillet – This dense and fudgy vegan brownie is cooked to perfection in a skillet for a deep dish dessert made gluten-free. A rich and decadent double chocolate gooey brownie is stuffed with peanut butter for the ultimate treat everyone can enjoy. Top with your favorite ice cream and dig in–no plates needed.
- Granola Breakfast Vegan Popsicles – Yogurt, agave, coconut milk, granola and fruit! That’s all you need to make these simple and delicious vegan yogurt popsicles. These popsicles are super versatile and be made to fit most dietary needs and preferences.
Incredibly easy and grain free mini strawberry galettes. A healthy and simple summer treat made using only gluten free and dairy free ingredients. These mini fruit pies stuffed with juicy local strawberries, wrapped up in a flaky buttery crust and finished with a drizzle of […]
These easy Chocolate Ricotta Mini Fruit Shells take only 15 minute to make and they are so delicious, you could eat the filling with a spoon. These no bake chocolate lined phyllo cups are filled with a creamy ricotta-yogurt blend and topped with fresh berries […]
A ridiculously delicious peanut butter brownie bar is topped with chocolate ganache and creamy, dairy-free cookie dough in these Secretly Healthy Cavity Bars a.k.a. Cookie Dough Topped Peanut Butter Cookie Bars! Guys, these are the best dessert bars I’ve ever had!!!
I’ve seen a photo floating around Pinterest for some time now of a three layered dessert called a “cavity bar”. I pinned the image so long ago I can’t find it anymore but luckily my food memory is so powerful the image has been burnt into my memory for all eternity. The first layer was a cookie bar followed by a layer of thick chocolate and topped with a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough–and from what I can remember they were definitely not “healthy” by any means.
I’m not one to knock sugar filled desserts. I one hundred percent believe that real desserts are okay for the body (and even better for the mind) as long as it’s accompanied by a balanced lifestyle. Which is great for normal people but then there’s people like me who have an undeniable sweet tooth and need to have dessert once or twice sometimes…three times a day. That’s right. That’s why I make my desserts using [mostly] healthy ingredients.
Can we take a moment to admire the layers on these cookie bars. Layer 1: dense and chewy peanut butter cookie loaded with chocolate chips. Layer 2: a simple yet decadent two-ingredients chocolate ganache. Layer 3: sweet and buttery chocolate chip cookie dough. LITERALLY, ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS IN ONE BAR!
This isn’t the first time I’ve made cookie dough desserts. Check out a of my favorite cookie dough recipes.
- Cookie Dough Truffles – Delicious cookie dough bites coated in decadent dark chocolate for all those raw cookie dough eaters out there! This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, refined-sugar-free and high in protein!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites – This edible cookie dough recipe is not only healthy and high in protein, it takes just five minutes to make!
- Healthy Cookie Dough Fudge Layered Brownies – Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge Layered Brownies made Gluten-free, Vegan and High in Protein! Whew… That title is a mouthful but trust me, it’s worth every delicious word.
- Healthy Cookie Dough Date Caramel Brownies – Uber fudgy brownies made using whole food ingredients, protein powder and then topped with date caramel and healthy protein packed cookie dough!
Roasted turmeric cashews are my go-to superfood snack. These deliciously roasted cashews are lathered in olive oil and finished with spicy cayenne pepper, sea salt and turmeric powder. Perfect for on-the-go snacking, party platters and meal preps! Yum Anyone else have a favorite, go-to nut? […]
These delicious lemon donuts are packed with poppy seeds and made paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Even better, they are topped with a thick layer of sweet glaze and finished with crunchy poppy seeds. If you are looking for a healthy treat that doesn’t […]
The last recipe you will ever need for paleo brownies! These boyfriend approved brownies are so decadent and fudgy they will leave you licking your fingers clean and begging for more–speaking from experience here.
I’ve been a healthy dessert connoisseur for a few years now and I’ve probably made a hundred different “healthy” brownie recipes and I can confidently say that none of them compare to this brownie recipe. First of all, these brownies do not taste healthy–like at all! My boyfriend stays 10 feet away from any food that’s labeled “healthy” and when he tried these, he had no idea I made them using all paleo and gluten-free ingredients! Secondly, the fudge factor on these are just insane! INSANE! Nothing can really describe it so I suggest you try it for yourself. Go ahead, you deserve it! Make yourself a batch of these brownies asap–I promise you won’t regret it!
If anyone ever tells your that you can’t have brownies while still trying to eat healthy, tell them that they are wrong and here’s a list of healthy brownies to prove it!
- Healthy Keto Brownies with Double the Chocolate – Low carb keto brownies are also made gluten-free, paleo and dairy free! These ultra fudgy brownies are made with double the chocolate and topped with cocao nibs for little extra crunch.
- Healthy Cold Brew Chocolate Chunk Brownies made Gluten Free and Vegan – These decadent chocolate fudge brownies are loaded with dark chocolate chunks and made using rich cold brew coffee. Made gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan; these brownies are so healthy you can have them for breakfast!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies – Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge Layered Brownies made Gluten-free, Vegan and High in Protein! Whew… That title is a mouthful but trust me, it’s worth every delicious word.
Soft and chewy flourless peanut butter cookie bars have just FIVE ingredients and take just a few minutes to whip up. These dense and delicious cookie bars are loaded with peanut butter and stuffed with gooey chocolate and made without using flour of any kind […]