I spent my entire morning baking very unhealthy pies for my family. Pecan and Triple Berry Pie.
And I can not wait to eat a giant piece of these corn syrup filled pies. I mean, life is about balance, right? So tomorrow I fully plan on eating my healthy again while drizzling everything in Vegan Caramel Sauce!
Vegan Caramel Sauce is incredibly simple to make and has minimal ingredients!
Healthy, Vegan, Paleo and Gluten-Free Dark Caramel Sauce to drizzle over whatever your heart desires!
- 1/2 c coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 c coconut palm sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 tsp. flaked salt
- Place the milk and sugar in a small sauce pan and turn on low heat. Stir until coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes. It should thicken up.
- Stir in vanilla, maple syrup and salt.
- Remove from heat and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Enjoy over whatever your heat desires!