Happy National Peanut Butter Day! Although, this day is really no different than any other for me. I made peanut butter cookie cups BEFORE I realized what day it was because clearly, I have a peanut butter problem.
I used Peanut Butter Cup Protein Powder by PEScience (get 25% off using code: PBCHOCO) but a vanilla protein powder will also work.
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter (I used Buff Bake White Chocolate
- 1 packet instant oatmeal (50g)
- 1 scoop peanut butter protein powder
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extact
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350f.
- Mix all dry ingredients together then set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 6 even sized balls.
- Press balls into the center and half way of the sides (to create a bowl) of a silicone cupcake baking pan. If not using silicone, spray a regular cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cooling, melt chocolate then pour into the center of each cup.
- Freeze cups for 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens.