Last night I came home to a package by a mysterious sender. It was a professional photography light set and the second I opened it I knew who it was from–my dad! Although, I haven’t figured out how to use it yet, I’m like a legit food photographer and blogger now. Thanks Dad, love you! Anyone with pro lighting tips, please send them my way!
I keep getting asked if these bars are filled with cream in the center and no, they aren’t. That’s PEANUT BUTTER! Seriously, I used White Chocolate flavored peanut butter by Buff Bake. Because it’s so rich, when I mixed it with coconut oil and maple syrup, it almost tastes like a sweet cream filled center. If you want to try Buff Bake, get 10% off your order by using code PBCHOCO.
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup*
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 5 tbsp. natural peanut butter (I used White Chocolate Buff Bake)
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Mix all pumpkin layer ingredients together using a fork.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of a small rectangle container lined with parchment paper. I just used a plastic container about 6x3 inches. Place in the freezer while you prepare your next layer.
- Melt all peanut butter cream layer ingredients together. Pour over pumpkin layer and return to freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Once solid, press remaining pumpkin layer ingredients evenly over peanut butter cream layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and return to freezer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 squares and enjoy.
*Can be replaced with honey, agave or any sticky syrup.