It’s only the beginning of September and I’ve already made quit a few posts using Fall flavors and I’m not about to stop. Today I had a hankering for a sweet pumpkin dip. I wanted it to be light and fluffy – not too dense so I opted out of grinding up nuts and using that as a base. Finally, I landed on BEANS (sorry to all my paleo followers) and made the most epic pumpkin hummus protein dip or spread…
Get 30% OFF all PEScience products (including this Snickerdoodle Protein Powder used in this recipe) by entering code PBCHOCO at checkout.
- 1 box or can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 5 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Rinse your beans thoroughly. Rube them between your hands to remove the skins. This can be tedious but totally worth it.
- Once all skins are removed, place the beans in a food processor or high performing blender with the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue blending until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Enjoy as a dip or spread.