Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
I heard it’s National Pumpkin Day so I made these protein packed Pumpkin Maple Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies. Just kidding, I lied, I made them because it’s less than one week until Halloween and I am unnecessarily baking pumpkin treats to satisfy my inner chic.
These little pumpkin delights were made using protein powder but if you don’t care for high protein desserts, just sub with your favorite flour.
- 1/2 c pure pumpkin
- 1/2 c tapioca flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1.4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle flavor get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg, large
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 tbsp. light cream cheese
- 3 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. protein powder or flour of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry cookie ingredients together and then add wet. Mix until smooth.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 8 cookie balls onto the parchment paper. These wont spread out much so they can be fairly close together.
- Wet your finger tips a bit and press cookies slightly flat.
- Bake cookies for 7 minutes.
- While cooling, whip all frosting ingredients together.
- Place frosting in a piping bag if desired or using a spreader, spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting onto the bottom of 4 of the cookies.
- Sandwich with remaining cookies to create the whoopie pie.