I have recently discovered how delicious chia is in a beverage. I’ve always just sprinkled it over some oats, made some chia jam or pudding. Watch out chia pudding, there’s a new chia craze in town, chia tea!
I’m on my ninth year working for Starbucks (#tobeapartner) so you can only imagine how much Teavana Tea I have collected over the years–like loads of it. I decided to start incorporating it into some of my recipes to ya know, try and clean out my kitchen cabinets a bit.
Last week I made an incredible Orange Green Tea Lemonade with Chia for another company and it was so tasty I started dreaming up other flavor combinations. I decided to combine my favorite fruits with my favorite Starbucks Tea, thus giving me the most delicious (and healthiest) tea I have ever had to drink…IN MY LIFE!
Relax on a hot summer day with a refreshing Blackberry Lime Passion Tea with Chia, full of antioxidants and calcium!
- 2 limes
- 1/2 c blackberries
- 2 tea bags (Teavana Passion Tea)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds (Better Body Foods)
- 2 c filtered water
- *optional 2 tbsp. honey or sweetener (I like mine tart so I didn't add any)
- First gel your chia seeds by mixing them with 1 cup of water. Cover and let sit for at least 2 hours.
- Steep tea for 5 minutes, remove bags and let cool.
- Place limes and blackberries in a juicer. If you don't have a juicer you can removed the lime peels and place the limes and blackberries in a blender on high. Strain out liquid and add it to your tea.
- Mix together your juice, chia gel water, tea and sweetener if adding any.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.