No eggs! No flour! No butter! No oil! And still the most dense brownies you will ever have!
It’s okay to eat this batter! Go a head and lick your spoon clean.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 box black beans, rinsed (I use the Simply Balanced Target brand about 13oz)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 scoop protein powder of choice (I used PEScience Chocolate-get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 c plus 3 tbsp. vitafiber syrup or sticky syrup*
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place all brownie ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brownie batter should be very thick! Spread batter evenly into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in the freezer to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the avocado (skin and pit removed), 1/4 cup vitafiber and protein until smooth.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of frosting into a zip lock bag and set a side for later decorating.
- Add cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons vitafiber syrup to remaining frosting and blend until smooth.
- Remove brownies from freezer and top with an even layer of chocolate frosting.
- Cut the corner of the zip lock bag you set a side earlier and decorate brownies in a zig-zag line or however your heart desires.
- Return to the freezer for 40 minutes to set.
- Remove and cut into 9 squares. For clean cut brownies, wet knife before cutting
*Vitafiber syrup can be replaced with any sticky syrup such as brown rice syrup, maple syrup, honey, agave, etc., however, macros will change. *For vegan use carob powder and vegan protein