Confession time: I just recently started enjoying chia seeds. I know, I know, chia seeds are amazing, they are powerful and just so dang good for you–basically every health nut’s dream seed. So then why did it take me so long to jump on the bandwagon? Well, besides the fact that I am huge klutz and chia seeds always seem to find their way into every nook and cranny in my kitchen, I once had an epic ‘chia baking fail’ and it’s haunted me ever since.
Earlier this week I was struck with a random act of courage while cleaning out my pantry I found two containers of chia seeds hiding in the way back. I dusted them off and decided I would give it go–starting off with the simplest of ‘chia seed’ recipes of course, Chia Pudding!
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c chia seeds (I used Better Body Foods)
- 3 strawberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1-2 tbsp. agave (I used Better Body Foods)
- Rinse strawberries and cut off stems.
- Place strawberries, almond milk, vanilla and agave in a blender on high until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the blended strawberry milk and chia seeds.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours before serving.