These tender and sweet roasted strawberry scones will melt in your mouth with every bite. Loaded with chopped dark chocolate and topped with a sweet glaze. These scones are made gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free for a sweet and simple breakfast.
Scones are such an underrated breakfast treat–one that I don’t appreciate enough myself. And trying to make them gluten free and dairy free (and still taste good) is hard! But this recipe does not disappoint. These scones are so delicious, tender and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea or when writing a blog post….
What you need to make these roasted strawberry oat scones with dark chocolate
I first tested these strawberry scones a few days ago using real butter and they were amazing, so last night I tried the same recipe subbing for a vegan alternative butter. And guess what? They taste exactly the same. Other than one being fresher than the other scone, I couldn’t tell a difference.
- gluten free rolled oats
- gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used 1:1)
- Truvia or Swerve (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- salted vegan butter or regular if not diary free
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- fresh strawberries
- chopped dark chocolate (I used Lily’s sugar free and dairy free)
- powdered erythritol or powdered sweetener of choice
If you love these strawberry scones, you will also love these popular recipes on the blog
I’m a big fan of baking with fruit and with Spring just around the corner, I had to share some of my favorite fruity recipes with you!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Oat Scones
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener I used Truvia
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter or real butter if not dairy free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 60 grams dark chocolate, chopped (dairy free and sugar free if possible) Lily’s
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol Swerve
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the strawberries on the baking sheet in an even layer. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender and juices release. Stir every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the strawberries from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Increase temperature to 425 F.In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond milk and lemon juice and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl and let it cool slightly before adding it to the almond milk/lemon juice mixture. Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, oats, sweetener and baking powder. Slowly add your wet mixture to your dry and fold until a dough forms. Fold in your chopped dark chocolate and then your strawberries. Don’t over fold the strawberries or they will change the color of your dough.
- Place your dough on a large piece of parchment paper and press it into a 1″ inch disc using your hands. Use a 2″ inch round cookie cutter or a mason jar/glass to cut out circles. Repeat until you have used all the dough. Place the circles a fresh baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The scones won’t spread so they only need to be an inch or so apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together the glaze and drizzle over warm scones and serve.