I’ve got something a little different for you today but don’t worry I’m still sticking to my usual nutter butter and chocolate madness. Today I made chocolate almond butter (see what I did there) crispy bars and then slathered them in chocolate because whenever I get about 3/4 of the way finished with creating a recipe, I get a little unsure of myself and decided the best course of action is to just top it off with melted chocolate. This strategy usually works out well and in this case in particular it worked out really well!
In this recipe I used Erewhon’s organic brown rice crispy cereal that’s made gluten-free. I used this brand because it’s USDA organic, non GMO verified and low in sugar and fat.
I added protein powder to this recipe as per usual, however, it can easily be omitted if you don’t have on hand but keep in mind that the macros will change.
That crisp though!
Healthy Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Crispy Bars Using Erewhon Brown Rice Cereal.
- 2 c brown rice crispy cereal Erewhon Brand
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, measured before melting
- 32g chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 c sugar-free maple syrup
- 3/4 c sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, measured before melting
- 1/4 c almond butter
- Prepare an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and set a side.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice crispy cereal and protein powder.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in 15 second intervals, stirring between each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir the almond butter and vanilla into the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the rice cereal mix and stir using a large spoon or rubber spatula. Stir until chocolate mixture has completely covered every piece of rice cereal.
- Once all the cereal is covered, press the mix evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut into 8 bars. Spoon about a half of a tablespoon of almond butter over each bar then place them on wire rack.
- Melt 3/4 cup chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Spoon chocolate over each bar until completely covered. Return bars to the freezer for hour before serving.