National Dessert Day should include two things: chocolate and cake so I made this super easy dairy free icebox cake using just two ingredients! Can you believe it?
This post is sponsored in partnership with Voortman Bakery and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE ICEBOX CAKE
- How long does it take? 10 minutes of hands of time!
- How long will the pie stay good for? I recommend enjoying this cake within 2-3 days
- Can I use coconut whipped cream instead of store bought dairy free whipped topping? Absolutely!
My favorite part about this cake is that there’s just 2 ingredients! Yes, you heard that right, this cake has just 2 simple ingredients!
To make this cake, simply layer a loaf pan with Voortman Chocolate Wafer Cookies and whipped topping.
Voortman Bakery happens to make my favorite wafer cookies, especially the chocolate.
Voortman Bakery uses real ingredients, like whole grain oats, coconut, and almonds. Plus, there are no artificial colors, flavors, high-fructose corn syrup, or trans-fat in any of their cookies.
If you love this recipe, you are going to love this Dairy Free Banana Cream Pie.
Or these Healthy Magic Bars. Delicious dessert recipes to help you celebrate National Dessert Day!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice this dairy free icebox cake and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Dairy Free Icebox Cake
- loaf pan
- 45 Voortman Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 9 oz dairy free whipped topping
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper both ways so it makes it easier to remove the cake. Spread a thin layer of the topping at the bottom of the pan and then line with cookies. Add a thin layer of the whipped topping over the cookies and repeat until you have filled the pan and be sure to end with topping. Cover and *freeze* for at least 3 hours or up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and run a knife along the edges to losen. Remove the cake and top with crushed wafer cookies. Slice and serve. Store in the freezer when not serving.