Good bye pumpkin; hello peppermint!
I’m starting off with Dark Chocolate Peppermint Candy Bars that I made on accident. They were suppose to be cookies and then the batter consistency just wasn’t right so I plopped them in a pan and baked them for a bit and voila! I had perfect little candy treats.
I was going to save these to add into my Holiday Dessert eBook that I sold last year but whatever, I want you guys to have recipes now, however, if you are interested in the eBook it’s only $1.99 and you can purchase it here . A few of the healthy dessert recipes from the book: Gingerbread Men, Peppermint Brownies, Pumpkin Roll and Copy-Cat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars just to name a few.
- 1.5 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I used PEScience get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 3 tbsp. oat flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocao powder
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract
- 1/4 dark chocolate chips (use enjoy life chocolate chips for vegan)**
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix protein powder, almond flour, coconut sugar and cocao powder together.
- Melt coconut oil and peppermint extract together and mix into flour mixture and stir until combined. Dough should be on the dryer side but still moldable.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then melt chocolate and pour over baked layer.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden before cutting into 16 squares and serving.
*Best if stored in the freezer (personal preference 🙂 )