Incredibly soft and delicate Lavender Shortbread Cookies topped with a simple strawberry glaze, these cookies melt-in-your-mouth with every bite all while being gluten free and vegan. Best of all this recipe is so easy to make and can be whipped up in minutes, just in time for Spring!
How to make vegan lavender shortbread cookies
Nice weather always makes me want to spend as much time as possible outside and these vegan lavender shortbread cookies are perfect for a picnic or little tea party outdoors.
Like I said before, these cookies are so easy-to-make with no chilling required–my kind of recipe. 🙂
Here’s the few steps you need to make them:
- Mix together your dough by beating the vegan butter and powdered sugar together and then adding the remaining ingredients.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use a round cookie cutter to make shapes.
- Stir together your glaze ingredients and dip cooled cookies in the glaze. Let the glaze harden and viola!
I love combining my favorite Spring flavors and strawberry and lavender are a match made in heaven! All you need is a bit of freeze dried strawberries blended to a powder to mix into your glaze. Trust me when I say you’ll want to start to using it all the time.
Can’t get enough spring recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my strawberry recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some lavender shortbread cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/3 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour 1:1
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried edible lavender
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries in powdered form blended
- 3-5 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and then set them aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy using a handheld mixer. Add in he powdered sugar and mix until combined and then mix in the vanilla bean paste. Next, mix in the flour and salt until a dough until crumbles start to form. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers. Add in the lavender and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Roll the dough on a clean and floured surface until it's roughly 1/8 inch in thickness. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out shapes until you have used all the dough. Mine made roughly 20 cookies. Transfer the cookies to the baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes and the edges begin to golden. Remove and let the cookies cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together sifted powdered sugar, strawberry powder, and 3-5 tablespoons of almond milk. You want your glaze to be thin enough to dip the cookie but thick enough that it stays on the cookie in a thick layer. Once all the cookies are dipped, top with more lavender if desired and let the glaze set, about 20 minutes before serving.