Quick and healthy mixed berry smoothie bowl recipe is made vegan, gluten free, dairy free and high in protein for a perfect way to beat the heat this summer. Made using mixed frozen berries, banana, almond milk and vegan protein powder, this bowl is completely customizable with your favorite toppings.
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Fair warning, this bowl makes the best post-workout snack and is highly addictive so make at your own risk.
Can you think of a better way to cool down from the summer heat than a bowl of cold frozen fruit top with your favorite snacks. Here’s a few of my favorite toppings: berries, bananas, granola (gotta have the crunch), nut butter, chia seeds and edible flowers.
Here’s what’s in this smoothie bowl:
- frozen mixed berries (I used a store bought mix of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- frozen banana
- almond milk or plant milk of choice
- vegan vanilla protein powder (you can omit)
- all the toppings
Just toss everything into a blender and blitz until smooth. I like to stop and scrape the sides to ensure everything is well blended.
Looking for the best way to cool off this summer? I feel ya! Here are some of my favorite cold recipes, perfect for summertime!
Blackberry Chia Seed Popsicles
Lighten Up Grapefruit Margarita
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve to cool off with a mixed berry smoothie bowl and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries frozen
- 1 chopped banana frozen
- 1/3 cup almond milk or plant based milk
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (28g)
- fresh berries
- chia seeds
- nut butter
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz on high. Stop to scrape the sides as needed and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and finish with toppings.
[…] 3. Tofu Berry Smoothie Bowl […]