Fluffy and moist, baked snickerdoodle donuts topped with a sweet cinnamon glaze are perfect for when the craving hits. Made gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and vegan, these donuts are everything you need this Fall. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of plant milk.
This post has been updated for quality. Ingredients and measurements have changed.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Donuts
Fluffy, moist and baked snickerdoodle donuts topped with a sweet cinnamon glaze are perfect for using up those overly ripe bananas and making a healthy snack. My favorite thing about these donuts are that they are made gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
So here’s how to make these donuts:
Start by preparing your donut molds with non-stick spray and be generous, stir together all your wet donut ingredients. In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and then add the two together to form a batter. Distribute the batter between the donut molds and bake!
So simple, right?
Here’s the ingredients you need to make these snickerdoodle donuts:
- mashed banana
- coconut sugar or Truvia
- almond milk
- melted coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- white distilled vinegar
- gluten free baking flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pinch sea salt
Can’t get enough donut recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes that are perfect for snacking and just what you need when the craving hits.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a glazed snickerdoodle donut and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
The best and fluffiest banana bread donuts
- 3-inch donut mold silicone pan
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup almond milk or plant milk at room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup all purp or all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
cinnamon sugar coating
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two 3-inch silicone donut pans with non-stick spray and set them aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, sugar, milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar until smooth. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until the batter comes together and no clumps remain.
- Fill 10 donut molds with the batter using a cookie scooper or placing the batter into a large plastic zip bag and cutting the corner to create a piping bag. Bake the donuts for 24-26 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Baking time will vary per oven.
- Let the donuts cool completely. In a bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Brush each donut with melted butter and toss in cinnamon sugar.