Healthy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookie Bars
Soft and delicious gluten free and dairy free cookie bars stuffed with peanut butter.
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour I used Bob's 1:1
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt omit if your butter is salted
- 1 cup dairy free butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener I used Truvia
- 1/2 cup brown sugar sweetener I used Swerve
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Naturally More
Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9x9 inch pan (for thick bars) or a 9x13 inch pan for more traditional bars with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and sea salt. If your butter is already salted (most dairy free butters are) you can omit the sea salt.
In another bowl, use a handheld mixer or a stand alone mixer to beat the butter until light and a fluffy. Add in the granulated sweeteners and mix until well combined. Add in the vanilla and the eggs and mix just until combined. Add your wet mix to your dry and stir until no dry spots remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
Press half of the cookie into the bottom of the prepared pan. Drop dollops of peanut butter over the cookie dough and then swirl it around. Cover peanut butter with remaining cookie dough. I found using a cookie scooper to do this is easiest and then use a spatula to spread it flat. Bake for 25-30 minutes for 9x13 inch pan and for 30-40 minuts for 9x9 inch pan. Remove and let cool completley before cutting into squares and serving.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!