This chocolate chip peanut butter stuffed healthy cookie bar recipe is super easy to make, with no mixer and no chilling needed. Chocolate chip peanut butter stuffed bars are chewy cookie bars loaded with chocolate chips and stuffed with Naturally More Peanut Butter for the best gluten free and dairy free dessert!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Naturally More and as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate Possible!
Recipe adapted and made gluten free and dairy free from Tieghan at Half Baked Harvest. Get her original recipe here.
Naturally More Nut Butters are all natural, gluten free and vegan. They are USDA Organic certified and my favorite part: they use sustainably sourced palm oil. All their nut butters are infused with probiotic and flax making these brownies healthy and delicious! Check out this recipe I made using Naturally More Almond Butter.
Can’t get enough of this healthy cookie bar recipe?
I hear ya! Check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
Do you love peanut butter?
How about chocolate?
I’m sure you love chocolate chip cookies, right?
Okay, good. That’s what I thought because this healthy cookie bar recipe is all of the above and then some. Super soft baked peanut butter stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars.
HOLY COW! These donuts are AH-MAZING!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a cookie bar or two and if you make them or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookie Bars
- Electric hand mixer or stand alone mixer
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour I used Bob's 1:1
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt omit if your butter is salted
- 1 cup dairy free butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener I used Truvia
- 1/2 cup brown sugar sweetener I used Swerve
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Naturally More
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9×9 inch pan (for thick bars) or a 9×13 inch pan for more traditional bars with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and sea salt. If your butter is already salted (most dairy free butters are) you can omit the sea salt.
- In another bowl, use a handheld mixer or a stand alone mixer to beat the butter until light and a fluffy. Add in the granulated sweeteners and mix until well combined. Add in the vanilla and the eggs and mix just until combined. Add your wet mix to your dry and stir until no dry spots remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press half of the cookie into the bottom of the prepared pan. Drop dollops of peanut butter over the cookie dough and then swirl it around. Cover peanut butter with remaining cookie dough. I found using a cookie scooper to do this is easiest and then use a spatula to spread it flat. Bake for 25-30 minutes for 9×13 inch pan and for 30-40 minuts for 9×9 inch pan. Remove and let cool completley before cutting into squares and serving.