If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for vegan-friendly recipes that are easy to make and pack a flavorful punch. Well, my fellow foodies, today I’ve got a recipe that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also leave you feeling like a baking champ. Drumroll, please: the vegan lemon drizzle cake!
This cake is perfect for any occasion, from a casual brunch to a stunning dessert centerpiece at a dinner party. So, let’s get our aprons on and start baking!
Bake this cake for parties, get together’s or just a Tuesday night. It’s so easy to make and requires almost zero cake decorating skills. The combination of fluffy strawberry cake and sweet buttercream frosting creates a delicious dessert that will have your guests coming back for more!
I was inspired by my own favorite lemon curd cake recipe to create this simple vegan lemon drizzle cake that’s just one layer and no mixer needed!
how to make vegan lemon drizzle cake
Get ready to impress all your friends with minimal effort. This cake comes together quickly and is so fun and rewarding to make–and even more fun to eat!
Here’s what you need to get started:
- all purpose flour – I used King Arthur brand organic all purpose flour
- tapioca flour – also called tapioca starch or you can sub with arrowroot flour
- cane sugar and powdered sugar – I used Florida Crystals brand organic cane sugars
- almond milk – or plant milk of choice
- fresh lemon juice and zest
- vegetable or neutral flavored oil
- vegan butter
- vanilla extract
- baking powder, baking soda and salt
- optional add ins – for added flavor try mixing in poppy seeds, blueberries or raspberries
The lemon drizzle is so easy to make and there’s no mixer needed. Using just vegan butter and lemon juice, melt them together in a pot over medium-low heat and then whisk in the powdered sugar. Pour the drizzle over the cake and watch the magic happens as it sets.
Store your cake covered at room temperature for 3 days or chill for 5 days.
This recipe is a surefire way to add a bit of sunshine to any day. It’s simple to make, easy to customize, and mouth-wateringly delicious. Best of all, it’s entirely vegan, which means you can indulge in your sweet tooth guilt-free. So the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and tart, whip up this vegan lemon drizzle cake and get ready to bask in the compliments. Happy baking!
Easy Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 8.5×11.5" pan
- Mixing bowls
- medium pot
- 2 cups all purpose flour organic
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot organic
- 1 cup organic cane sugar organic
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil organic
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon Butter Drizzle
- ½ cups vegan butter
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups organic powdered sugar sifted
- pinch sea salt
- Prepare your oven and pans. Center your oven rack and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a jellyroll or sheet cake pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper at the bottom.
- Make the cake. In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest. In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk just until the batter comes together and no dry spots remain. Be sure to stir from the bottom up to evenly incorporate all the ingredients. Pour the batter evenly into the bottom of the pan and use a spatula to spread the batter to the corners of the pan. Tap the baking sheet on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Bake the cake for 26-30 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
Make the Lemon Butter Drizzle
- Once the cake has cooled completely, add the vegan butter and lemon juice to a pot over medium-low heat. Once melted, whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Immediately pour the drizzle evenly over the cake. It will start to set quickly. Once the drizzle has set, cut into slices and enjoy.