S’mores Peanut Butter Icebox Cake. Layers upon layers of graham crackers, dairy free whipped cream, chocolate ganache, peanut butter and finished with a lightly toasted meringue for a dessert everyone will be clamoring for s’more!
It’s pretty obvious that my favorite flavor combination is peanut butter and chocolate and with this s’mores peanut butter icebox cake is a result of my relentless desire to create desserts using the combination.
Now that summer is basically here, I’m wanting to turn on my oven on less and less which means more no-bake treats to come.
What you need to make this S’mores Peanut Butter IceBox Cake
This no fail cake is super duper simple and has endless substitutions! YAY!
- gluten free graham crackers or regular if not gluten free
- dairy free cool whip (I used SO Delicious) or regular cool whip or even ice cream!!!
- peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- coconut milk (from the can) or heavy cream
- dairy free chocolate chips or regular
- homemade meringue (egg whites, agave, vanilla, salt) or store bought marshmallow fluff
Can’t get enough summer desserts? I hear ya! Check out the most popular recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading, you definitely deserve some icebox cake and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram. I love to see all your creations and don’t forget to follow along on Facebook and Pinterest!
S’mores Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- 10 gluten free graham crackers see post for subs.
- 9 oz SO Delicious Whipped Topping (1 tub) see. post for subs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from the can
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
for the meringue (see post for subs)
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup agave
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a loaf pan (9×5) or a square pan (6×6) with plastic wrap or parchment paper–I used a combination of both. Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and set aside while you place the coconut milk into a small pot or sauce pan and turn on medium heat. Once the milk is boiling, transfer to the bowl. Let sit for 3-5 minutes and then stir smooth. Let cool.
- Place a thin layer of the whip at the bottom of the pan (about 1/4 inch), layer with dollops of peanut butter, chocolate ganache and then graham crackers. Repeat until you reach the top of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4+ hours. To remove from the pan, use a butter knife to loosen the sides before attempting to remove. Flip the cake over onto a serving dish and chill until ready to decorate with meringue.
- Place the agave, vanilla and salt to a small pot and turn on medium heat. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Add your egg white to a bowl and beat using a hand held mixer until stiff peaks form. Slowing add in the hot syrup while continuing to beat egg whites on low speed. Once incorporated turn on high speed and beat for 5-7 minutes or until mixture has cooled. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate top of cake. Use a kitchen torch to toast topping before serving.
Did you make this cake? Be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Don’t miss out on recipes because you aren’t signed up to have them delivered right to your inbox. Get recipes sent directly to you along with exclusive first notices about giveaways and other news so use the form below to join my email list.
Sign up to be the first to know about new recipes and news!