Simple fluffy pancakes topped with dairy free strawberry coconut whipped cream. Layers upon layers of pancakes, dairy free whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and finished with sweet maple syrup for a breakfast everyone will love!
I’m just going to say it…
Pancakes are the best comfort breakfast ever!
Seriously, they’re delicious and take minimal effort to make which is why my friend Natalia at NattWrobel.com and I decided to make the world’s healthiest, yummiest pancake platter you have ever tried. Topped with fresh strawberries and homemade strawberry coconut whipped cream!
We adapted my popular lemon poppy seed pancake recipe into this super simple strawberry topped pancake platter all while drinking a bottle of rosé…
What you need to make these ultra fluffy pancakes and strawberry coconut whipped cream
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this pancakes and the good news is: you probably already have some overly ripe bananas on your kitchen counter as I speak. Amirite?
Here’s what we used for these pancakes…
- overly ripe bananas
- oat flour
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- coconut milk (full fat and chilled over night)
- freeze dried strawberries
- fresh strawberries
Can’t get enough summer recipes? I hear ya! Check out the most popular recipes on the blog!
Raspberry Turnovers with Phyllo Dough
Vegan Linzer Cookies with Citrus Curd Filling
If you are still reading, you definitely deserve some icebox cake and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
I love to see all your creations and don’t forget to follow along on Facebook and Pinterest!
Fluffy Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 cup oat flour gluten free
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 packet stevia or xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 2 bananas overly ripe
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (Thai brand if available) refrigerated overnight
- 3-4 tbsp crushed or blended freeze dried strawberries
- 1 packet stevia or xylitol
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- Start by preparing your strawberry coconut whipped cream topping. Remove the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator and scoop out the thick cream from the top. Dispose of the water or save for smoothies. Place the cream into a stand alone mixer and beat using a whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Add in the freeze dried strawberries, sweetener and continue mixing until well combined. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice and almond milk together, stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes for milk to curdle. This will act as a “buttermilk”.In another bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking soda, salt and stevia or sweetener of choice.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add in the “buttermilk” mixture and whisk until combined.Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a batter forms.
- Prepare a pancake pan or skillet with oil or non-stick spray. Cook pancakes 1/4 cup at a time over medium-low heat. Once bubbles start to form, flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Arrange pancakes on a platter, top with strawberry whipped cream and fresh fruit. Serve immediately.D
Don’t miss out on recipes because you aren’t signed up to have them delivered right to your inbox. Get recipes sent directly to you along with exclusive first notices about giveaways and other news so use the form below to join my email list.