Thick, soft and chewy gluten free sugar cookies frosted with fluffy buttercream frosting. No need to chill these cookies!
what you need to make these bomb af gluten free sugar cookies
You guys, these cookies are so easy to make and there’s no chilling required! YAY!
Here’s what you need:
- vegan butter at room temperature (or regular if that’s your thing)
- Truvia or granulated sweetener
- brown sugar erythritol (Swerve) or regular light brown sugar
- gluten free baking flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- almond milk
for the frosting:
- vegan butter at room temperature (or regular)
- powdered erythritol or regular (I personally like to split it)
- almond milk
- red food coloring
- all the sprinkles!
In a mixing bowl, I used a handheld mixer to beat the butter with the Truvia and brown sugar erythritol until fluffy and well incorporated and then added in the vanilla extract.
In another bowl, I stirred together the gluten free baking flour, tapioca flour and baking soda until combined and then I slowly added the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stirred until combined. Finally, I added in the almond milk one tablespoon at a time until a smooth dough formed before rolling out the cookie dough.
can’t get enough healthy desserts?
I hear ya! Check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely a cookie or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies made Gluten Free and Vegan
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or regular room temperature
- 1/2 cup Truvia or granutlated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup erythritol brown sugar (Swerve) or regular
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purporse gluten free baking flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3-5 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3-4 cup powdered sugar or powdered erythritol
- 1-2 drops red food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat the room temperature butter, Truvia or granulated sweetener and brown sugar erythritol or regular with a handheld mixer on high until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and continue mixing until combined.In another bowl, stir together the gluten free baking flour, tapioca flour and baking soda until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until a dry dough forms. Add in the almond milk one tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until it's 1/4 inch in thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Bake for 7-10 minutes or just starting to turn golden. For super soft cookies, don't over bake.
- In a bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the almond milk and continue mixing until combined. Finally add in the powdered sugar until you reach a smooth frosting consistency. Add in food coloring if desired.Frost cooled cookies and top with sprinkles.