Get the perfect soft boiled egg on avocado toast in just 5 minutes with these no fail tips and tricks!
I use to look at health food bloggers posting the most beautiful food photos and wonder how they always got they got their eggs to look so incredibly perfect! I’m going to share my tips and tricks to getting perfectly runny eggs every time!
I don’t know about you but I can’t make a poached egg to save my life which is why I initially turned to soft boiled eggs. So when I’m craving that ‘poached’ kind of egg, I make these simple soft boiled ones and it only takes me 5 minutes!
HOW TO GET PERFECT SOFT BOILED EGGS (THE RUNNY KIND)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Gently place the eggs into the water (be sure not to crack them)
- Set a timer for 4 1/2 minutes
- Immediately remove eggs and place them in a bowl of cold water
- Once cooled for a couple of minutes, use a spoon and tap the egg and gently crack the shell
- Gently peel off the shell under the water