A decadent and delicious three ingredient treat that’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan! These dark chocolate covered almonds are made using whole dry roasted almonds, Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate and flaked sea salt for a quick last minute Holiday gift or treat!
Almonds are the perfect treats for a sugar craving. So why not add some sugar free chocolate to make it the *chefs kiss* of snacking? Chocolate almonds seriously is my go to snack. It’s a keto friendly snack and I promise will help with that sweet tooth.
Did you know you can keep nuts in the freezer? I always keep almonds on hand and you know I of course have chocolate chips. It is the most simple treat to whip up and keep in your pantry for when a sugar craving hits.
Don’t have almonds? No problem! Peanuts, cashews, or pecans taste delicious. Or why not try a cluster coming them? This is the most versatile and simple recipe.
Chocolate Covered Almonds
- dry roasted almonds – dry roasted almonds have a little extra kick to them that I think work so well with chocolate. You can totally try this recipe with a different nuts that are about the same size though. Let me know how it goes!
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate – Lily’s sugar free chocolate is a personal favorite. I’ve found that some sugar free chocolate melts better than others and Lily’s melts really well. It even finishes with a shiny gloss when cooled. But feel free to use whatever chocolate is your favorite
- sea salt flakes – don’t sea salt flakes just make everything better? It’s the final ingredient that makes the perfect flavor combination.
Almonds, almonds, almonds
There are so many studies about the health benefits of dark chocolate. It has been shown to help brain functions, blood flow, and lower blood pressure
That’s definitely a personal preference but I’m a dark chocolate girl at heart.
You never want to overdue any kind of food. Almonds are protein rich and have healthy fats but if you eat an entire pan that’s a lot of grams of fat. Even if you’re eating sugar free chocolate. It’s chocolate.
More almond recipes
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- double boiler
- baking sheet
- 2 ½ cup dry roasted almonds
- 300 grams Lily’s dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- pinch flaked sea salt for topping
- Place the chocolate in a large heat proof glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Once chocolate has melted, add in the almonds and stir until completely covered.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the chocolate covered almonds from the bowl and drop them in clusters on the parchment paper. Let cool at room temperature or in place them in the refrigerator until chocolate has set. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and serve.