These dark chocolate peppermint cookies are healthy, flourless cookies that are perfect for the holidays! Topped with white chocolate and touch of peppermint candy, these thick and fudgy cookies will become a Christmas staple!
I want to start this blog post off by talking how thick and chewy these cookies are. They are hands down the most dense and delicious chocolate cookies I have ever made! Oh my god! Every single bite is pure heaven. If you love chocolate like I do, then these cookies will be an absolute dream come true. Gluten-free, flourless, and can easily be made refined sugar-free; these cookies are perfect!
What I used in these healthy chocolate peppermint cookies
These cookies are a no-fail, I promise. I just tossed my ingredients into a food processor and blended until smooth. Chilled in the freezer for 10-15 minutes then dropped them in balls on the baking sheet using a cookie scooper. Once they were done baking, they were still very round so I quickly used the bottom of a measuring cup to press them down slightly. Once they finished cooling, I drizzled them with delicious melted peppermint white chocolate and finished them with crushed peppermint candies.
These cookies are so close to being paleo and 100% refined sugar free. For those versions, use homemade paleo white chocolate chips!
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate
- almond flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- swerve or granulated erythrtiol
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- white chocolate chips (can make your own for a completely sugar-free cookie)
- peppermint candies* omit for completely refined sugar free
Chocolate lovers unite! I have more delicious chocolate filled recipes that I know you will love! Like this Dark Chocolate Cream Pie with Torched Meringue made gluten free or this Healthy Chocolate Marble Banana Bread!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar free chocolate chips Lily’s
- 1 1/2 c almond flour finely ground
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 c granulated erythritol Swerve
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt omit if butter is salted
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 c butter chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the sugar free chocolate chips. Meanwhile place the butter, almond flour, cocoa powder, granulated erythritol and baking soda into a food processor and pulse just until crumbles form. Add in the egg, melted chocolate and vanilla and continue pulsing until a dough forms. Remove the blades and fold in white chocolate chips. Chill dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to make 2 inch round cookies and place them on the cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Immediately, use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the cookies down slightly. Let cool. Once cooled, melt the white chocolate, peppermint and coconut oil together until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Finish with candies if desired.