Supremely moist banana bread bars topped with heavenly chocolate ganache and finished with salty pretzels! These bars make a perfect portable gluten-free dessert to share with friends and family.
Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate does not shy away from using up overly ripe bananas in recipes. This averages out to be a weekly thing over here. In my house we have a consistent problem with never eating our bananas. I always purchase a handle when I’m at the store and they sit on my counter all week not being touched. At the end of the week, I’m wracking my brain with ways to use them up. Does this happen to anyone else? Well you can count on my blog to give you endless ideas to use up those nanners.
I have a pretty standard recipe for most of my banana bread endeavors and I will add flavors and such to change them up. But this recipe I decided to start from scratch and I used some ingredients I have never used in my banana bread before. These banana bread bars are extremely dense and moist. Even if you aren’t a big a banana fan, I promise you that these bars will change that. The new ingredients I added changed my banana bread game forever.
Here’s what I used in these banana bread bars
- bananas, obviously
- sour cream (new ingredient)
- olive oil (new ingredient)
- vanilla extract
- granulated erythritol
- gluten free baking flour
- baking soda and powder
For the Ganache
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil
- chocolate chips
- gluten free pretzels
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Banana Bread Bars with Chocolate Ganache
- 3 bananas overly ripe
- 3 eggs large
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 c olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c gluten free flour
- 3/4 c granulated erythritol I used Swerve
- 1/2 c walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil soft
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 c mini pretzels gluten free
- flaked sea salt for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare an 9×9 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper both ways for easy removal. In a mixing bowl, stir together the the gluten free flour, granulated erythritol, baking soda, baking powder, salt and walnuts until combined.In another bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, eggs, olive oil, vanilla and sour cream until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add your dry ingredients to your wet and stir until no dry spots remain. Transfer to the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.Place the soft coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and continue blending. Frost the brownies and top with pretzels and flaked sea salt. Place in the freezer until chocolate is solid then cut into squares and serve.
Can’t get enough healthy chocolate recipes? Me either! Check out some of my recent chocolate recipes.