Healthy chocolate s’mores mousse cups layered with homemade graham cracker crumbs, coconut cream chocolate mousse and topped with toasted meringue. Made low carb, gluten free and refined sugar free!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Keto Konscious. As always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What you need to make these low carb, gluten free and refined sugar free healthy chocolate cups
If you are a lover of chocolate then you have come to not only the right blog but also the right post because these decadent chocolate s’mores mousse cups are a dream come true! And they are made gluten free, refined sugar free and low carb using Keto Koncioius Dark Chocolate Truffle Activate.
- coconut milk (full fat from the can)
- granulated sweetener (erythritol or stevia blend)
- sugar free chocolate (such as lily’s)
- dark chocolate truffle keto activate
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
- egg white
- cream of tarter
- almond flour
- butter or coconut oil
Meet my latest obsession: dark chocolate truffle keto activate!
First of all it tastes like rich hot chocolate and mixing it in my morning coffee and has been a new routine of mine!
Not only is it free of GMOs, Gluten, Soy, Hormones (that’s the one that did it for me!), but it’s also made with all natural flavors and colors.
I decided to give these little healthy chocolate s’mores cups an energy boost using dark chocolate truffle keto activate and it did just that plus gave it a little extra sweet flavor which I am never opposed to, ya feel me?
Can’t get enough chocolate desserts with Keto Activate? I hear ya! Check out the most popular recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a chocolate s’mores cup or two and if you make them or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Chocolate S’mores Cups
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/3 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Dark Chocolate Truffle Keto Activate
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener erythritol or stevia blend
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener erythritol or stevia blend
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil soft
- 1/4 tsp salt omit if using salted butter
For the crust
- In a bowl, stir together the crust ingredients using a fork until the mixture resembles sand. Distribute the mixture between 4 serving cups and press evenly into the bottom of the glass.
For the mousse
- In a small sauce pan or pot, heat the coconut milk and vanilla extract until just before a boil. Place the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and pour the hot coconut milk mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Add in one scoop of Keto Activate and stir until incorporated. Pour the mixture over the crust and distribute between the serving glasses. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
For the meringue
- Once ready to serve, prepare your meringue. Place the egg white, sweetener and cream of tarter into a heat proof bowl over a small pot of boiling water (double boiler) and whisk until the sweetener has melted and no more grittiness remains. Remove the bowl from the heat and use a hand held mixer to beat, starting on low and gradually beating on high. Beat for 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Carefully place the meringue in a piping bag. Pipe over the chilled chocolate cups and use a kitchen torch to toast meringue. Serve immediately.