Healthy high protein chia seed smoothie made from the greenest produce I could find in my refrigerator. A great post workout recovery drink.
I’m trying to be better about using up all of my produce. Anyone else have commitment issues when it comes to the last wilting strawberry in the bunch? Or the last lonely Granny Smith that’s lost it’s juicy crunch because you impulsively bought a bag of apples on sale big enough to feed a family of 10? Maybe it’s just me but I like to buy my fruits and veggies in bulk which sometimes can end it wasted food. So I’ve decided to gather all of my *expiring soon* produce and blend it into my afternoon post workout smoothie. Yay! No more finding rotting kiwis in the back of my refrigerator.
Healthy Super Green Chia Seed Protein Smoothie
- 1 Kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 16g vanilla protein powder, vegan if necessary PEScience 30% off code PBCHOCO
- 1/3 c cold filtered water or milk of choice
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
[…] you love this immune boosting smoothie than check out this Super Green Smoothie, I made it using whey protein a few years ago but now I make it all the time with […]