Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes healthy, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This easy healthy breakfast recipe using whole food ingredients – bananas, oatmeal, eggs and maple syrup. A simple yet delicious stack perfect for Sunday morning.
Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes Healthy & Easy To Make
These healthy chunky monkey pancakes pancakes are a perfect way to use up those overly ripe bananas you have sitting on your counter (hi, it’s me!).
There’s just a few steps and a handful of ingredients standing between you and these peanut butter banana pancakes healthy aka healthy chunky monkey pancakes, so keep reading to find out how I made them.
First, I mashed my ripe bananas and whisk in the eggs and other wet ingredients. Next, I placed my oats, oat flour, baking powder and salt into a food processor and pulsed for about 1-2 seconds – just enough to break up the rolled oats but not enough to pulverize them into a powder.
I transferred these dry ingredients to the bowl and whisk until smooth and then I folded in the chocolate chips.
Next, I let the mixture sit for ten minutes before placing a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. The temperature here is very important. You want the pancakes to cook low and slow – about 3 minutes, flip, 1-2 minutes on the second side.
I devoured these pancakes while they were still hot and topped them with some dairy free butter and maple syrup and big cup of coffee.
Looking for more ways to use up your overly ripe bananas? Look no further because this Upside Down Banana Cake is tender, delicious with a caramelized glaze.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some peanut butter banana pancakes healthy and gluten free and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas about 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter natural
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup oat flour gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips dairy free
- In a bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add in the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- Place the oats, oat flour, baking powder and salt into a food processor or blender and pulse for 1-2 seconds, just enough to break up the oats but not blend them into a powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until no dry spots remain. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray into a non-stick frying pan or pancake skillet and turn on low-medium heat. The temperature is important here. You want to cook these pancakes slow on low. Use 1/4 – 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter into the center of the hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve with dairy free butter and maple syrup.