Refreshing with watermelon and pineapple, this tequila cocktail offers a light and summery take on the classic margarita. This drink is naturally sweetened with agave, watermelon, pineapple, and lime juice and is sure to be a hit at your next pool party.
Swapping liqueur for a simple sweetener is my favorite way to lighten up this cocktail. If you are ready for sunny weather and relaxation vibes, you have to try this watermelon margarita.
“The Margarita, which translates to daisy flower in Spanish, was an inevitable twist on the Daisy, a cocktail template involving spirit, citrus, orange liqueur and soda”. I seriously can’t wait to try that!
THE BEST WATERMELON MARGARITA
Who knew Watermelon Margaritas were going to be the drink of the summer??? (I’m looking at you Reese Witherspoon)
I sure didn’t but I’m here for all the different takes on this classic drink. This margarita happens to be super easy to make.
Here’s what you need:
- Blanco tequila
- Fresh lime juice
- Agave nectar I swapped the liqueur that’s traditionally used for a pinch of agave to naturally sweeten this marg!
- Coarse salt optional but I highly recommend
Looking for more drink recipes? I hear ya! If you enjoyed this refreshing watermelon margarita, you are definitely going to love some of these summery drinks:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a pineapple watermelon margarita and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Pineapple Watermelon Margarita
- 3 oz tequilla
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chopped
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp agave more to taste
- course salt optional
- Slice the lime into quarters and place the salt into a dish. Rub the lime over the rim of your serving glass and then roll the rim of the glass in the salt until coated. Fill the glass with ice.
- Blend together your pineapple and watermellon. Pour the contents through strainer until only the juice is left.
- Place the tequila, juice mixture, lime juice and agave into a shaker. Place the lid on tightly and shake well
- Pour the contents over the ice and finish with a lime wedge.