Classic Snowball Cookies cookies made gluten free and vegan. Toasted pecans rolled in powdered sugar make for the best melt in your mouth cookies. These gluten free vegan snowball cookies are the perfect addition to any cookie box or holiday party.
Adapted from Taste of Home Pecan Meltaways Recipe
PECAN SNOWBALL COOKIES ARE VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE
These cookies are also called wedding cookies and meltaways. These cute snowball cookies can be made with your favorite kind of nut or whatever kind of nut you have on hand.
- How long does it take to make the cookies? These vegan snowball cookies need need only 20 minutes to chill while the oven is heating and then 12 minutes to bake.
- How long will these cookies stay good for? These cookies taste best if stored in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. They hold up great at room temperature and are perfect for cookie boxes.
- Can I use any brand of gluten free flour? Absolutely, but make sure your brand is an all purpose gluten free flour or a 1-to-1 flour.
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that the holidays are a popular time of year for baking, especially cookies!
Can’t get enough holiday cookies? This Christmas Vegan Cookie Box makes a perfect gift for friends and loved ones. We can’t all be together during this time and this is a great way to share some extra holiday cheer.
So I thought sharing some of my favorite holiday inspired cookies recipes would be appropriate.
I know you will love them as much as I do!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan snowball cookies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you may have.
Vegan Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar plus more for rolling
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1/4 tsp salt omit if vegan butter is salted
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans chopped
- Using a stand alond mixer, hand mixer or food processor, cream together the vegan butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Add in the extracts. Finally add in the flour and salt and mix until a dough forms. Fold in the pecans.
- The dough will be slightly sticky. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make 20 evenly sized dough balls. Place the balls onto the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before rolling in powdered sugar. Once cooled completely, roll in powdered sugar one more time before serving.