I can’t think of a better way to head into the warm Summer months than with a refreshing cocktail in hand. Cherry Prosecco Smash is a beautiful and sweet sparkling cocktail made with Prosecco, vodka, agave and fresh cherries.
How to Make Cherry Prosecco Smash
If you know me, you know that my drink of choice is Prosecco so of course, I had to make a cocktail including my favorite sparkling beverage.
This cocktail is especially easy to make!
Here’s what you need:
- fresh cherries, pitted
- lemon juice
- agave or maple syrup
- fresh thyme for garnish
That’s it! Smash, mix and enjoy!
How to Quickly Pit Cherries
Have you ever tried to cut a pit out of a cherry using a knife? If you answered no, let me paint you a picture: it’s messy, hard to do and I nearly cut a finger off trying to cut out the pit.
What you want to do is take a straw (I like to use a metal straw but a plastic one will work) and insert it into the bottom of the cherry and through the opposite end. This will pop the pit out and leave you with a perfectly pitted cherry.
Another easy cocktail to add to your drink recipe collection!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a cherry Prosecco smash cocktail and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Cherry Thyme Prosecco Smash
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted
- 4 oz vodka
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or sparkles of choice
- crushed ice
- 4 thyme sprigs
- fresh cherries for garnish
- Place your pitted cherries into a bowl and use an immursion blender to blend them into a puree. Fill 4 serving glasses with crushed ice. Distribute the cherry puree evenly between the glasses.
- Shake the vodka, lemon juice and agave in a cockail shaker and pour over the crushed ice in the glasses.
- Top off with prosecco, thyme and fresh cherries for garnish.