Chocolate cupcakes filled with gooey peanut butter and topped with sweet strawberry frosting. These moist and decadent cupcakes are made dairy free, oil free and gluten free with a paleo option for a perfect Valentine’s Day treat…or any day, really!
This post is sponsored in collaboration with Naturally More. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for making Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible!
What you need to make these Naturally More peanut butter filled (yes, peanut butter filled) paleo chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting
I whipped up these cakes just under an hour from start to devour (including cooling time) and I’ve decided they are easily the most delicious healthier cupcakes I’ve ever made. After the cupcakes cooled and before I frosted them, I used the bottom of a piping tip to hallow out the center of the cupcakes and then I spooned drippy Naturally More peanut butter in the center. BEST IDEA I’VE EVER HAD!
Naturally More Nut Butters are all natural, gluten free and vegan. They are USDA Organic certified and my favorite part: they use sustainably sourced palm oil. All their nut butters are infused with probiotic and flax making these cupcakes healthy AF! I used the Naturally More Crunchy Peanut Butter in this recipe.
Here’s everything I used to make these cupcakes
- honey or maple syrup
- coconut milk (full fat from a can)
- Naturally More Peanut Butter
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I used a mixture of regular and special dark)
- baking soda and salt
- vanilla extract
- coconut cream
- powdered erythritol
- freeze dried strawberries
- dried rose petals for topping (optional)
- chocolate candy for topping (optional)
If you love these cupcakes, you will also love these recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Tarts
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Blackout Banana Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Peanut Butter Filled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Rose Frosting
for the cupcakes
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used half special dark
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 10-12 tbsp peanut butter, crunchy and Almond butter for PALEO Naturally More
for the frosting
- 1 can coconut cream chilled for at least 48 hours
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- dried rose petals optional
- chocolate hearts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a cupcake pan with 12 liners. In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry cupcake ingredients. In another bowl, stir together the eggs, honey, applesauce, coconut milk and vanilla until well combined. Add your dry ingredients to your wet and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Distribute the batter between the cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare your frosting. Place the freeze dried strawberries into a food processor or blender and blend until in powder form. Beat the thick coconut cream using a stand alone mixing or a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Add the freeze dried berry powder and powdered erythritol and mix until combined. Transfer to piping bag and set aside.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use the bottom a piping tip to hallow out the centers of the cupcakes. Spoon about one tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter or almond butter into each center. Decorate cupcakes with frosting and top with rose petals and chocolate hearts if desired.