Calling all chocolate lovers! Almond flour chocolate crust filled with rich dark chocolate and topped with coconut whipped cream. This vegan chocolate tart is also paleo and gluten free!
Yesterday was my birthday and really nothing changed because I woke up wanting chocolate dessert. I had a can of coconut milk in my baking cabinet and decided to make a chocolate tart using Lily’s sugar-free and vegan dark chocolate bars and the canned coconut milk for the filling. In addition to being vegan, this recipe is also paleo and gluten free. I didn’t add up the carbs but it may be keto as well so if anyone wants to count those, I would be interested in knowing. 🙂
What you need to make these vegan, chocolate tarts that are also gluten free and paleo!
I whipped these delicious double chocolate tarts together in just under an hour from start to finish. Most of that time being the tart chilling in the fridge. For the crusts, I just quickly mixed together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut oil, salt, vanilla and stevia and then press them into the tart molds. While they were baking, I added the chocolate and nut butter into a heat proof mixing bowl while I boiled the coconut milk. Once the coconut milk was hot, I pour it over the chocolate and nut butter and let it sit for 3 minutes before stirring it smooth. Then I poured them into the baked tarts and chilled. THAT’S IT!
- almond flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)
- coconut oil
- salt, vanilla, stevia to taste
- sugar free and vegan dark chocolate (I used Lily’s)
- coconut milk (the full fat kind in the can)
- almond butter or nut butter of choice
If you love these vegan chocolate tarts, you will also love these recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Death By Chocolate Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Double Chocolate Vegan, Paleo and Gluten Free Tarts
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (from the can)
- 160 grams sugar-free, vegan dark chocolate Lily’s
- 2 tbsp almond butter or nut butter of choice natural
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- sugar free, vegan chocolate curls Lily’s
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare three 5″ tart molds with non-stick spray. In a mixing bowl, stir together all dry crust ingredients. Add in the coconut oil and vanilla and stir until combined. It may seem too dry at first but keep stirring, it will come together. Distribute the crust between the three molds and use the bottom of a cup to press them evenly into the bottom and slightly up the sides. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Once the crusts cool, place the chocolate for the filling in a heat proof bowl along with the nut butter. Place the coconut milk into a sauce pan and turn on high heat. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, pour the milk over the chocolate and nut butter. Let sit for 3 minutes then stir until smooth.
- Pour the smooth chocolate into each crust and place them in the fridge to chill for 40 minutes or ultimately you can place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Once chilled, top with coconut whipped cream and chocolate curls before serving.