A healthy dessert hybrid loaded with gooey salted caramel, crunchy pretzels and so much flavor! Perfectly chewy dark chocolate brownie cookies with puddles of salted caramel and topped with crunchy pretzels. Sweet and salty–the ultimate combination. Gluten free and refined sugar free. These chewy double chocolate brownie cookies are a perfect late night snack!
I want to start this blog post off by talking how thick and chewy these cookies are. They are hands down the most dense and delicious chocolate cookies I have ever made! Oh my god! Every single bite is pure heaven. If you love chocolate like I do, then these cookies will be an absolute dream come true. Gluten-free, flourless and refined sugar-free; these cookies are perfect!
What I used in these double chocolate brownie cookies with salted caramel
These cookies are a no-fail, I promise. I just tossed my ingredients into a food processor and blended until smooth. Chilled in the freezer for 10-15 minutes then dropped them in balls on the baking sheet using a cookie scooper. Once they were done baking, they were still very round so I quickly used the bottom of a measuring cup to press them down slightly. Once they were almost finished cooling, I spooned some salted caramel on top and pressed a pretzel in the center.
- sugar free chocolate (I used lily’s)
- almond flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- swerve or granulated erythrtiol
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- salted caramel sauce* recipe here
- gluten free pretzels
If you love these cookies, you will also love these recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Tarts
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Blackout Banana Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Chewy Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Salted Caramel
- 3/4 cup sugar free chocolate pieces Lily’s brand
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour finely ground
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol Swerve
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt omit if butter is salted
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup butter chopped good quality
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- homemade salted caramel see instructions
- handful gluten free pretzels
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 c sugar free chocolate pieces. Meanwhile place the butter, almond flour, cocoa powder, granulated erythritol and baking soda into a food processor and pulse just until crumbles form. Add in the egg, melted chocolate and vanilla and continue pulsing until a dough forms.
- Remove the blades and fold in 1/4 c chopped sugar free chocolate. Chill dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scooper to make 2 inch round cookie balls and place them on the cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Immediately, use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the cookies down slightly. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- If caramel wasn’t freshly made, warm it up in the microwave and stir until smooth drippy. Spoon the caramel over the cookies and pressing pretzels into the caramel. Let the caramel cool for another 10-15 minutes.