These Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce are filled with crispy sweet potatoes, crunchy red cabbage, fresh jalapeños and spicy sauce that you won’t be able to get enough of. If you’re looking for vegan tacos, this is the perfect recipe for you!
Today we are celebrating ‘Taco Sunday’ because why not end the week with the greatest food ever made! Tacos are hands down one of my top three dinner go-to’s. I grew up eating tacos fresh off the grill with fire roasted salsa and veggies. My dad built his own wood burning grill in our backyard and we spent many summer nights eating fresh tacos off the grill with no plates or napkins provided. Whenever I go home to visit, we always have a taco night in the backyard and it’s my favorite thing! 🙂
I do my best to keep up the taco tradition as often as possible, although mine are not made on the grill (and not nearly as good as dad’s) or topped with fresh fire roasted salsa; they are still a quick and delicious dinner when you are needing that spicy taco fix. I am not vegan but it doesn’t mean I don’t love a good plant heavy meal! I eat sweet potatoes almost everyday so it was a no brainer that I would fill my tacos with them. Whether you are vegan or not, if you love sweet potatoes like I do, you need to try this recipe!
What you need to make these vegan sweet potato tacos
- medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- ripe avocados
- red wine vinegar
- red cabbage
- garlic powder
- corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
If you love these vegan sweet potato tacos, you will also love these recipes
- Life Changing Vegan Chocolate Tart
- Edible Vegan Cookie Dough
- Fudge Oreo Vegan Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce
for the cilantro lime avocado sauce
- 2 avocados ripe
- 2 limes juice
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño or half depending on spice
- dash salt
for the tacos
- 12 white corn tortillas grilled and warmed
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño
- handful red cabbage sliced
- lime wedges if desired
- handful cilantro if desired
- 2-3 dashes cumin
- 2-3 dashes garlic powder
- pinch sea salt
- Wash your sweet potatoes then dice them into small cubes about 1/2 inch. Toss the cubes in olive oil, cumin, garlic powder and sea salt. Place them in an air fryer at 400F for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook them in the oven at 400 F for 20-30 minutes.
- While your potatoes are cooking, thinly slice your jalapeño, cabbage, lime wedges and cilantro for your taco toppings and set them aside.
- Prepare your cilantro lime avocado sauce by placing all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blending until smooth. You will need to stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- You can heat your tortillas, two at a time in a cast iron skillet over high heat for 20-30 seconds on each side. Assemble your tacos and serve.