Four [main] ingredient peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are super soft, chewy and absolutely delicious. These flourless cookies are made naturally gluten free, dairy free and they are everything you have ever dreamed of.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve been posting peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipes to my feed as I test them in search of the best and simplest peanut butter cookie.
I’m a big fan of a dessert you can whip up in just a couple of minutes using just four main ingredients! It doesn’t get any better than that, am I right?
These also might be the first time I didn’t top a cookie with flaked sea salt. What do you think? Do these cookies need some fancy salt on top?
What you need to make these melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies
Below are not just the ingredients I used but the actual brands. This post is not sponsored by any of these brands but I wanted to be transparent about what I’m using so you can get the same results when you go to bake these cookies.
- peanut butter (I used a no-stir Smart Balance)
- granulated sweetener (I used Truvia but coconut sugar or brown sugar will also get the job done!)
- dairy free and sugar free chocolate (I used Lily’s because well, I just don’t use any other brand 🙂 )
- vanilla extract (I used Primal Palette)
- baking soda
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a brownie or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
If you love these cookies, you will also love these recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Tarts
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Death By Chocolate Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.
Life Changing Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter I used a no-stir
- 1 cup granulated sweetener can use Truvia, granulated erythritol, coconut sugar or regular cane sugar
- 1 egg large
- 100 grams sugar-free, dairy free dark chocolate, chopped Lily’s
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the peanut butter, sweetener and baking soda until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chunks but reserve a few for topping.
- Use a cookie scooper to make 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet and use the back of a measuring cup to press them down just slightly. They will expand a little bit but you want to keep them thick.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. You want the edges to just start to brown but the center will look like it’s not quite done–that’s okay! About 1-2 minutes before you remove the cookies from the oven, press a piece of chocolate chunk in the center to create a chocolate puddle.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling for another 10-20 minutes. These cookies will be super fragile for the first 30 minutes.