Life changing paleo banana bread loaded with chocolate chips and sweetened with 100% real maple syrup. Dense and delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating this loaf. Made paleo, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Another day, another banana bread recipe. I am forever searching for the BEST healthy banana bread recipe which is why there’s like a hundred on my blog. This banana bread recipe is simple and comes together in less than an hour. I just happened to have all of these ingredients in my cabinet so I’m hoping it’s that simple for you as well. There are definitely some substitutions you can make and as always if you have any questions or unsure about a substitution, just drop me a comment and I’ll reply asap.
What you need to make this paleo banana bread with chocolate chips
I whipped up this loaf just under an hour from start to devour and I’ve decided it’s easily the most delicious paleo banana bread I’ve ever made. First, I stirred together the dry ingredients, then stirred together the wet ingredients. Finally, I added the wet to the dry and mixed until a batter formed and then tossed in my chocolate chips. Baked, sliced and served!
Here’s everything I used to make this banana bread *Note – be sure your eggs and maple syrup are at room temperature or the coconut oil won’t mix properly.
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- eggs, room temperature
- overly rip bananas
- coconut oil
- 100 % real maple syrup, room temperature
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- sea salt
- dairy free chocolate chips
- loaf pan
- tin foil
If you love this banana bread, you will also love these recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Tarts
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Death By Chocolate Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Mousse
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you! xx
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas overly ripe
- 1/4 cup coconut oil + more for greasing the pan melted
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
for the frosting
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 1 hour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and parchment paper one way for easy removal. In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, add in the eggs (be sure they are at room temperature or the coconut oil won’t mix properly), coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
Add in the almond flour, tapioca four, baking soda and fold in until a batter forms. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
for the frosting
- Drain and rinse the soaking cashews and add them to a food processor or blender along with the maple syrup, espresso, vanilla, salt and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. Frost banana loaf and sprinkle with more espresso powder if desired.
- Tapioca flour can be subbed for arrowroot flour or for non-paleo you can sub for oat flour or brown rice flour.
- Maple syrup can be subbed for honey or agave
- coconut oil can be subbed for olive oil