Easy sweet rolls filled with chocolate and made vegan so everyone can enjoy! These soft and fluffy rolls are filled with rich dark chocolate and topped with a sweet glaze for a perfect treat.
Easy sweet rolls with chocolate for the novice baker made vegan! These fluffy rolls were made without yeast! Yes, you heard that right!
There’s no yeast required to make this sticky dessert.
What you need to make these chocolate sweet rolls:
Simple and delicious!
These vegan chocolate rolls are made using minimal ingredients, without yeast and under 1 hour from start to devour! I like to keep it simple for you guys so there will be no rising required for these sweet rolls.
- self rising flour
- vegan butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- almond milk
- dairy free dark chocolate
That’s it! Fluffy chocolate rolls without yeast! BEST THING EVER!
Can’t get enough vegan desserts? I hear ya! Check out the most popular recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a chocolate sweet roll or two and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Vegan Chocolate Sweet Rolls
- 2 1/2 cup self rising flour + more for dusting organic if possible
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener organic if possible
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips vegan
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and sweetener. In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and use a rubber spatula to stir until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface and kneed (adding flour as needed) until dough is smooth. Don’t over kneed.
- Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Place the filling ingredients into a small pot over low heat and stir until smooth. Spread the chocolate in an even layer over the dough leaving about a half inch at the edges. Fold the dough 2/3 length wise and then fold the other side over like an envelope. Slice length wise into 1″ strips. Twist strip and then fold into a soft knot. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat. Brush with melted butter. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir glaze ingredients together and drizzle over warm buns.
Some new and exciting stuff coming to Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate
You are going to noticed some big changes on the blog in the next few weeks.
I’m so excited for a couple of reasons:
One the entire website layout is going to be different! Eeeeeek, I love changing things up.
And two, we are adding a section all about being a food blogger and photographer and giving you the recourses you need to succeed–even if you have never picked up a camera before! Subscribe using the form below and be one of the first to know when the courses are live!