Gluten free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is moist and full of sweet pineapple flavor also made dairy free and refined sugar free. This beautiful summer cake is sure to please a crowd.
Sometime’s I’m one of those food bloggers that has my ish together. I have my calendar completely planned out and I know exactly what I’m going to be making and posting for the month. And then sometime’s I’m at the grocery store and walk down the canned fruit isle, spot pineapple rings and decided on a whim to make pineapple upside down cake.
Basically, that’s what happened today.
Sometimes this method doesn’t work because of my lack of planning and prepping; my baking efforts turn out to be a major fail.
And then… sometimes they turn out to be glorious summer treats just like this gluten free, dairy free and basically (like almost) refined sugar free pineapple upside down cake!
It’s a win for on-the-spot planning!
Can’t get enough desserts? I hear ya! Check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
What you need to make this gluten free pineapple upside down cake:
- gluten free baking flour (I used one that included gum)
- granulated sweetener (Truvia, erythritol, coconut sugar, etc.)
- granulated brown sugar (Swerve or regular)
- coconut oil
- almond milk
- dairy free butter (regular works too!)
- canned pineapple rings
- apple cider vinegar
- baking soda
- fresh cherries
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice a cake or two and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 20oz can pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Swerve or regular
- 3 tbsp melted dairy free butter or regular
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener Swerve or regular
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9 inch cake pan with non-stick spray. In a bowl, stir together the brown sugar and dairy free butter. Transfer to the prepared pan and pour into the bottom. Arrange the rings around the bottom and cut the remaining in half and arrange them around the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, sweetener and salt. Add in the eggs, coconut oil, milk, vanilla and vinegar and whisk until smooth and combined. Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 30-40 minute for until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before flipping cake out onto a serving dish. Top with fresh cherries and slice.
Some new and exciting stuff coming to Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate
You are going to noticed some big changes on the blog in the next few weeks.
I’m so excited for a couple of reasons:
One the entire website layout is going to be different! Eeeeeek, I love changing things up.
And two, we are adding a section all about being a food blogger and photographer and giving you the recourses you need to succeed–even if you have never picked up a camera before! Subscribe using the form below and be one of the first to know when the courses are live!