Easy Gluten Free Shortcakes with Grilled Peaches. These homemade buttermilk biscuits are topped with grilled peaches and whipped cream for a perfect summer night treat!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Saco Pantry and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What’s the sweet cream churned buttermilk in these gluten free shortcakes?
Just my new favorite ingredient in the world. Saco Pantry sweet cream churned buttermilk is made with just a few ingredients and is certified kosher, and gluten and nut free. My favorite part is that it’s in powder form so you don’t have to worry about it spoiling in your refrigerator. YAY for a super long shelf life!
So easy to use and tastes no different than liquid buttermilk. I mixed 4 tablespoons powered sweet cream churned buttermilk with 1 cup of water and boom! Instant buttermilk!
With SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend, radically enhance the volume, aroma, and delicious taste of your baked goods. Easy to use and easy to store, the convenience of our unique powder mix makes it easy to enjoy. Our natural, churned buttermilk is made with real sweet cream — unlike the fluid buttermilks found in today’s dairy cases — ensuring a distinct, luscious texture in every bite.
Looking for more delicious summer recipes?
Check out some of the most popular summer inspired recipes on the blog like this Gluten Free Blueberry Pie or this Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake made with Fresh Cherries!
I’m a sucker for all things chocolate. If you’re a chocolate lover too, you have to check out my most delicious recipes, like these Peanut Butter S’mores Baked Donuts or these Easy Vegan Chocolate Sweet Rolls.
What you need to make these Gluten Free Shortcakes
Simple and delicious!
These gluten free shortcakes are made using minimal ingredients, without gluten and under 1 hour from start to devour!
- gluten free baking flour (with gum)
- Saco Pantry Buttermilk Blend
- filtered water
- baking soda
- apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Truvia or granulated sweetener of choice
- fresh peaches
- coconut cream or whipped cream
That’s it! Fluffy gluten free shortcakes filled with sweet grilled peaches and whipped cream. Delicious!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a shortcake or two and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Gluten Free Grilled Peach Shortcakes
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour all purporse
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp Truvia or sweetener of choice
- 4 tbsp Cultured Buttermilk Blend Saco Pantry
- 1 cup water filtered
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter salted
- 4 peaches sliced
- 1 can coconut full fat milk chilled overnight
- honey for drizzling if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchmnet paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, sweetener and baking soda. Cut your butter into the dry mixture using a pastry cutter or a fork.
- In another bowl, stir together the Saco Pantry Cultured Buttermilk Blend and water until smooth. Add in the egg and vinegar. Slowly add your wet ingredients to the dry and use a rubber spatula to stir until a dough forms. Don't over mix the dough.
- Shape the dough into a disc about 3/4" in thickness, dust with more gluten free flour and use a round cookie cutter or glass to cut out 2" round biscuits. Transfer the biscuits to the baking sheet and bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare a cast iron grill skillet with non-stick spray and turn on medium-low heat. Add the sliced peaches to the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Scoop out the this cream from the can of chilled coconut milk and use a hand held mixer to beat until light and fluffy. Add sweetener if desired.
- Cut biscuits in half, pile on peaches, whipped cream and serve.