Soft and tender wild gluten free blueberry scones are made with a combination of gluten free all purpose baking flour and rolled oats and topped with a sweet glaze!
What you need to make these gluten free blueberry scones
This gluten free recipe is so simple to make and comes together rather quickly. The best part about these scones (besides the fact that they are delicious) is that they keep for about five days.
I like to loosely cover mine and place them in the refrigerator until I’m ready to eat and then I take one out and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
You could also freeze these scones and defrost one every time you have a craving or keep them losing covered on the counter at room temperature for 1-2 days.
So here’s what you need to make these scones…
- gluten free rolled oats
- gluten free all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- vegan butter, melted
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- frozen wild blueberries
- powdered sugar
- almond milk
can’t get enough gluten free recipes?
I hear ya! These scones are quickly becoming a favorite and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these recipes.
Here is the complete list of gluten free options on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some dairy free scones or two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Wild Blueberry Oat Scones
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 egg large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir the almond milk and lemon juice together until combined and then set it aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combined. In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk and lemon juice mixture, egg and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a dough comes together. Fold in 1/4 cup of the blueberries.
- Shape the dough into a disc about 3/4" inch in thickness. Use round cookie cutter to cut out the scones. Reroll the scraps and cut out more scones. Mine made exctly 6. Place the scones on the baking sheet and top them with remaining blueberries. Bake the scones for 25-30 minutes and the edges are golden brown. Let them cool completely.
- Stir the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the almond milk together. Add more almond milk by the teaspoon until you reach a smooth and pourable consistency.