Vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free oat bars filled with homemade strawberry chia jam and topped with cinnamon-coconut sugar crumbles. I love to make a breakfast option that is gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free that I can then snack on for the rest of the week.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it’s so versatile. I filled these with a simple strawberry chia jam but you can easily swap the strawberries for blackberries, raspberries or blueberries.
If you aren’t feeling up to making your own jam, your favorite store bought jam will be just as tasty.
What you need to make these gluten free oatmeal bars
- rolled oats
- gluten free flour
- coconut sugar
- dairy free butter
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
- chia seeds
These gluten free oat bars are also really easy to save for later if you ever need to put them in the freezer and let them come to room temperature when you are ready to eat!
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! These strawberry gluten free oat bars are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some strawberry bars and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Strawberry Filled Gluten Free Oat Bars
- 1 lbs strawberries sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Place the strawberry slices, lemon juice and maple syrup into a pot over medium-low heat. Cook for 10-15 mintues, stirring occasionally. Once the strawberries are soft, mash them with a fork or potato masher. Stir in chia seeds and remove from heat. Let cool while you prepare your crumbles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- Place the oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt into a bowl and stir until combined. Add in the melted butter and stir until crumbles form. Press 3/4 of the crumbles into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with strawberry chia jam and then finish with remaining crumbles. Bake the bars for 30-35 minutes and edges are golden brown. Let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.