Perfect, moist, decadent gluten free chocolate cupcakes that no one would guess are dairy free! These delicious cakes are topped with a rich two-ingredient whipped chocolate ganache frosting.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Lily’s . As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to make peanut butter plus chocolate possible.
Happy National Chocolate Day aka my favorite day of the year that I celebrate just about everyday! I teamed up with my friends at Lily’s to bring you these triple chocolate cupcakes with whipped ganache frosting using just 2 ingredients!
Head over to Lily’s Instagram account to enter to win a YEAR supply of chocolate!
what you need to make these gluten free chocolate cupcakes
You guys, this amazing gluten free dessert is so much easier to make than you think.
You can whip up these cupcakes in no time. You are going to love them!
So here’s what you need…
for the cupcakes
- almond flour, sifted
- arrowroot flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I used half regular and half special dark)
- baking soda and baking powder
- eggs, room temperature
- brown sugar, packed
- almond milk, room temperature
- coconut oil, melted
- vanilla extract
for the whipped ganache frosting
- Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped
- coconut milk (full fat from the can)
- chocolate sprinkles
want more delicious gluten free recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
You can find the complete list of gluten free recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a gluten free cupcake or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup almond milk room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used half special dark
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp finely ground sea salt
whipped ganache frosting
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat from the can
- 2 cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Bar chopped
- chocolat sprinkles
whipped ganache frosting
- Place the chopped chocolate into a heat proof bowl and place the coconut milk into a small pot and turn on medium heat. Bring the milk to a boil and then remove it from the heat. Pour the milk over the chocolate and let it sit for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, whisk the mixture until a smooth chocolate forms. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for the next 30-40 minutes.
- In a bowl of a mixer, add the eggs and brown sugar and beat on low speed using the whisk attachment until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and then continue mixing on a low speed until no lumps remain. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F. Once the oven is heated, prepare a cupcake pan with 12 liners. Fill the liners about 3/4 full with batter. Bake the cupcakes for 18-22 minutes. Let cool.
- Remove the chocolate ganache from the refrigerator, it should be very thick, that’s exactly how you want it. Use a handheld mixer to beat the chocolate until it’s light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Place the whipped ganache into a piping bag and decorate cupcakes. Finish cupcakes with sprinkles and serve. Store cupcakes in the refrigerator.