A classic vanilla pound with extra sprinkles made gluten free and dairy free. Moist and delicious, this healthy pound cake is so easy to make it will quickly become a family favorite.
You know what makes everything better?
Seriously, doesn’t matter what it is, add some sprinkles to it and it’s instantly better! That’s exactly what I did with this healthy gluten free pound cake!
What you need to make this healthy pound cake recipe
You guys, this pound cake is so easy to make and comes out so fluffy and moist!
You are going to love it!
- gluten free baking flour
- tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- dairy free butter or real butter if you prefer
- Truvia or granulated sweetener of choice
- almond milk or milk of choice
- dairy free yogurt or regular if you prefer
- baking soda and baking powder
- sea salt
- vanilla extract
Start by mixing all the dry ingredients together and then in a separate bowl, beat the wet ingredients together until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined. Fold in sprinkles and transfer to a prepared loaf pan or baking dish. Wet a rubber spatula and run it along the edges and then towards to the center to create a dome top. Bake and serve!
can’t get enough healthy dessert recipes?
I hear ya! check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice a cake or two and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.
Gluten Free Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free baking flour (including gum)
- 6 tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 3/4 cup Truvia or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, room temperature or real butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt or regular
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles gluten free
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted can use powered erythritol
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a loaf pan (9×5) with non-stick spray and parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the gltuen free baking flour, tapioca flour, Truvia, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- In another bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the butter until light and fluffy. And in the eggs, milk, yogurt and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in sprinkles.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Wet a rubber spatula and run it along the edges and then towards the middle to create a dome with the batter. Bake for 25 minutes. Cover with tin foil and bake for additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 30 minutes in the loaf pan before removing. Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over loaf. Slice and serve!