Strawberry marshmallows are a perfect addition to your s’mores this summer. This homemade marshmallow recipe is easy and healthy! It’s made gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and paleo!
What you need for this strawberry marshmallow recipe
A few great things about these strawberry marshmallows…
No high fructose corn syrup! YAY!
You can easily substitute some ingredients like agave can be subbed for maple syrup or honey. You can eliminate the strawberries completely or sub for your favorite freeze dried fruit and tapioca flour can be subbed for corn starch.
They only take 10 minutes to make! They will need to sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
These marshmallows will take your s’mores to a whole new level!
Okay, so here’s what you need:
- unflavored gelatin
- agave, maple syrup or honey
- tapioca starch or corn starch
- vanilla extract
- freeze dried strawberries or any freeze dried fruit
can’t get enough healthy dessert recipes?
I hear ya! check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
Paleo Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake
S’mores Peanut Butter Ice Box Cake
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a marshmallow or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
I love to see all your creations and don’t forget to follow along on Facebook and Pinterest!
Homemade Strawberry Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or corn starch
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 cup agave or maple syrup or honey for paleo
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp freeze dried strawberries, powdered measured in powdered form
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Prepare a 8X10 or 9×12 inch baking sheet with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal. Be sure the parchment coveres all sides (so it’s just slightly bigger than the sheet). Dust the parchment paper with tapioca starch and be super generous!
- In the bowl of a stand alone mixer with a whisk attachment OR in a large glass mixing bowl if you using a handheld mixer, stir together the gelatin and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the agave into a sauce pan and turn on high heat. Stir until the agave is at a rapid boil. Remove from heat and pour the hot agave into the bowl with the gelatin mixture. Beat on high until fluffy and glossy. The mixture should form stiff peaks. Add in the vanilla and salt and mix until combined. Add in the freeze dried strawberry powder and mix until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, spread using a rubber spatula and let sit at room temperature for 8+ hours. I let mine sit overnight.Once they have set up overnight, dust with tapioca flour and turn it out on a tapioca starch dusted surface. Dip a knife in tapioca flour before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight contiainer at room temeprature.
Did you make this recipes? Tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.