Chewy centers and crispy edges, these vegan chocolate chip almond butter cookies are easy to make and exploding with almond butter and chocolate chips to satisfy your cookie craving. A recipe you will make time and time again!
What you need to make these vegan almond butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips
You guys, these cookies come together really quickly using just one bowl (insert yaasss hands emoji here).
Chewy. Crispy. Lots of chocolate.
You are going to love them!
- vegan butter sticks at room temperature (I used Melt Organic)
- almond butter, all natural (I used Enzo’s Table)
- granulated sweetener (I used Truvia, ya know to try and cut some sugar but organic sugar will also work!)
- brown sugar, packed
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- vegan chocolate chips
Start by beating the room temperature butter with the sweetener and brown sugar using a hand held mixer for 1-2 minutes and then next, add the vanilla and brown sugar and mix until combined. Finally, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
PRO TIP. For a more aesthetically pleasing cookie, add a small handful of chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies and press them down slightly just as they come out of the oven.
Can’t get enough vegan dessert recipes?
Me either. Which is why I had to share a few of my favorites with you like these vegan chocolate sweet rolls made without yeast or these vegan super soft sugar cookies and finally these vegan raspberry turnovers that you can’t live without!
Here is the complete list of all vegan recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a cookie or two and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Vegan Almond Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated oraganic sugar or Truvia
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond butter natural
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour organic if possible
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until well blended using a handheld mixer (about 1-2 minutes). Add in the almond butter and vanilla and continue mixing until combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough in the freezer for 15 minutes or if making in advance, chill in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchmnet paper. Use 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper to make cookie dough balls. Roll the balls evenly and place them on the baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart (they will spread!). Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes and edges start to brown. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling. *Pro Tip* for aesthetically pleasing cookies, add extra chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies just as they come out of the oven.
Did you make this recipes? Tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate onInstagram. I love seeing your creations!
want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.