Chocolate vegan crepe cake is decadent, yet a surprisingly easy layered cake. A unique cake made with layers of chocolate crepes, filled with sweet coconut whipped cream and drizzled with dark chocolate.
what you need to make this chocolate vegan crepe cake
You guys, this cake is so easy to make but it is a little time consuming especially if you are like me and only have one large non-stick frying pan.
Decadent, sweet and oh so chocolatey!
You are going to love this cake!
- all purpose flour (I used organic)
- tapioca flour (you can also use corn starch)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- almond milk or plant milk of choice
- coconut milk (full fat from the can chilled overnight) *note that coconut milk can be fickle and some brands won’t whip up as nicely, I used Thai Kitchen brand. The filling can be replaced with 9oz container of vegan whipped topping such as SO DELICIOUS.
- stevia packets
- Lily’s dark chocolate
can’t get enough vegan dessert recipes?
Me either so I had to share a few of my favorites with you like these vegan chocolate sweet rolls made without yeast or these vegan super soft sugar cookies and finally these vegan raspberry turnovers that you can’t live without!
Here is the complete list of all vegan recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of cake or two and if you make this cake, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Chocolate Vegan Crepe Cake
for the crepes
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour organic if possible
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp tapioca four
- 3 tbsp 100 % real maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
coconut whip filling
- 2 cans coconut milk full fat and chilled overnight
- 2 packets stevia
- 2 oz Lily's Dark Chocolate
for the crepes
- Place the flours, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and almond milk into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare a large non-stick pan with non-stick spray and turn on low heat. *Low heat is very important here. Once the pan is heated, remove pan just above the heat and using a ¼ measuring cup add the batter to the center of the pan and swirl the pan in a circular motion so the batter spreads out into one thin layer and coats the pan evenly. Cook the crepe for 4-6 minutes. The edges should start to pull away when it’s ready. Gently loosen the crepe with a spatula and flip. Cook for additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
for the filling
- Once all the crepes are finished, set them aside while you prepare the filling. Gently remove the coconut milk cans from the refrigerator. Open the cans carefully and just scrape the thick cream from the top, reserve the water for future smoothies. Add the cream to a stand alone mixer or large mixing bowl and beat using a handheld mixer and whip until light and fluffy. Once the whipped cream comes together, add the stevia packets and continue mixing until combined.
- Once the whipped cream is ready, use immediately and spread a thin layer between each crepe. Top with melted chocolate and shavings. *Best if served immediately
Did you make this recipe? Tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.