Cinnamon swirl coffee cake gluten free muffins are tender, sweet and full of cinnamon goodness and protein collagen for the perfect snack or treat!
what you need to make these gluten free muffins with cinnamon swirl
What do you do when you have a craving donuts, muffins and coffee cake? You combined them into the greatest breakfast mashup of all time–Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Coating!
Light. Tender. And seriously fluffy!
You are going to love them!
- all purpose gluten free baking flour (I used Bob’s 1:1)
- almond flour
- collagen (I used Ancient Nutrition Multi Purpose)
- baking soda
- baking powder
- brown sugar or coconut sugar
- applesauce, unsweetened
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- vegan or dairy free butter
- cane sugar or coconut sugar
want more delicious healthy recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
You can find the complete list of gluten free recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a muffin or two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Cinnamon Swirl Gluten Free Muffins
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 scoops Multi Purpose Collagen Ancient Nutrition
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar coating
- 1 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a muffin tin with 12 liners. In a bowl, stir together the filling ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flours, collagen, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined and then set aside. In another bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the brown sugar, eggs, applesauce, almond milk and vanilla together until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in half of the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and then add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until no dry spots remain but try not to overmix.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scooper or ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners about 1/2 way full. Sprinkle with roughly a half tablespoon of filling and then cover with remaining batter. Your muffins should be almost full. Bake the muffins for 18 minutes, cover with tin foil and continue to bake for additional 6-8 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
- In a bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar coating. Once the muffins have cooled, brush the tops with melted butter and dip each muffin top in the mixture. Serve. *Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Simply heat in the microwave for 15 seconds before serving.
want my free guide to Instagram growth?
Learn how to grow a following on Instagram to drive business results:
- Optimizing your Profile Page
- Creating captivating visual content
- What, when, and how often to post
- Using hashtags effectively
- Running promos and giveaways
- Sharing audiences and partnering with brands
- Running Instagram Ads
- Using analytics to measure and adjust your plan
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!