Plant based burgers loaded with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickled red onions and vegan goat cheese on a toasted sprouted grain bun and made with Beyond Meat. Plant based deliciousness!
I know it’s probably so weird to see other things on this blog besides chocolate cake and peanut butter cookies but I swear I eat other foods guys so I thought I would share some with you. These Beyond Meat burger patties (btw this is not sponsored, I just really like this product!) are so freaking good and the taste and texture are pretty darn close to the real thing.
As many of you know, I am not vegan but I do try and limit my meat and dairy intake for ethical reasons. I couple of years ago I was at an event where Jane Goodall (my queen!) was speaking. I can’t remember the exact quote anymore but she said something along the lines of “We can’t expect the entire world to stop eating meat but if everyone reduced their intake it would make a huge difference.” And that stuck with me.
What you will need to make these amazing plant based burgers
This Beyond Meat cooks very similar to a beef patty so I just placed them in a skillet with a little olive oil and cooked them on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, I toasted my buns and prepared the rest of my ingredients and then built this epic burger!
- Beyond Meat burger patties or plant based patty of choice
- olive oil
- red onions
- red wine vinegar
- vegan burger buns
- vegan goat cheese or vegan condiments of choice
- and any other condiments you desire
- kind of wishing I added some smashed avocado…oh well, maybe next time
These plant based burgers are so good! I can’t wait for you guys to try them and tell me what you think! I love hearing all your feedback so leave me a comment below if you are planning on trying these burgers or if you already have! Also, don’t forget to reach out on Instagram and tag me in all your recipes.
Looking for more delicious vegan recipes? Loaded with cilantro lime avocado sauce, these vegan sweet potato tacos are everything you need this Taco Tuesday! Get the recipe here!
Don’t miss out on recipes because you aren’t signed up. Get recipes sent directly to your inbox along with exclusive first notices for giveaways and other news! Use the form below to join my email list.
Plant Based Pickled Onion Burger
- 2 Beyond Meat patties
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 vegan hamburger buns
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- vegan goat cheese
for the pickled red onion
- Prepare your pickled onion at least one hour before you start cooking your burgers. Thinly slice your onion. Place the vinegar and red onion into a jar and soak until ready to use.
for the burgers
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties to the hot pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, toast buns and prepared your toppings. Grab a toasted bun and patty and build your burger!